Wednesday 10 August 2011

Kick Start ...& Vroooom !

Is 'writer's block' the best way to describe how writing a blog was always on my 'to-do list' but I could never strike that done? Its not one of the things I just randomly decided to do. Its one of those things that I used to once like to do and now want to resume ! ...

I have been tongue-tied just like Amitabh Bachchan's character is in this scene from the yesteryear movie 'Chupke Chupke (one of my all time favorites) , where he is feigning to teach Jaya B Botany when all he knows is Literature ....'all that glitters is not gold ...gobi ka phool, phool hoke bhi nahi hota ...corolla you see is a form of karela ' :-D Like he looked and sounded funny trying to act ....I look and sound funny  keeping my to do list alive .....I too, was trying to do something new but would end up diluting it with what came easily at that moment 'sleeping ' .......So the idea of writing remained in my head , on the list and yet nowhere really.

I did once own a beautiful diary and wrote so much bunkum in it - Trashed the silliest parts of it one day for I could no longer identify with them . As the years passed by, all that was left was the cover (It was hard bound ...so hard to tear ! :-P) And yes, the diary was a special gift, so I preserved the cover for keeps . Loads of my writings from it are now locked up as faint memories, somewhere in a virtual attic up in my head or in a box at home....

Watch this video to know the level of my predicament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8GsmUKOB4I Let Big B (Kumar) enter the scene and you can enjoy a good laugh .....He (Kumar) says 'arrey jo hona chahiye tha woh toh ho nahi raha aur jo nahin hona tha woh  ho raha hai ...aap log toh samajhne ki koshish hi nahi karte na ' And Dharmendra (Parimal) says .....' Mere khayaal se tum rehne hi do ' ......hahahaha ....But I say 'aaj toh main faislaa kar ke hi rahoongi ....'

To sum up,  my mind often thinks a little faster than i can write and there are always two, at times three parallel lines of thought dancing along in my head ....Writing , in such a condition could be exceptional fun or a hilarious disaster but nothing much in between . 

That said, I think I'll just go for it, dive in and this is where my motto comes in very handy--- 'Whatever it is , I am going to give it a fair shot and have a feeling I am going to enjoy it!' :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment