Monday 5 September 2011

Not just a 'Someday' Dream

I keep dreaming a recurring dream
every 40 winks I steal, it says...
'Now is the time to make me real 
and bring to life that distant 'Someday'
It is not just you, who dreams of me
but I see in you, shades of me
You pull me back, soon as I fly
You guard me so close to your heart
But when is it that you will start.....
When is it that you will live
to realize the joy that I can give?'

'Do you think of me merely as internal chatter,
or do you think I'm worth the risk and I do matter?
Am I waiting in vain , just to wane away
or will you make me true someday.....'

'We've taken enough of each other's time
Let's not let me remain sublime
There is no better time than 'Now'
Don't just be stuck at 'what, where and how' 
I say we make an awesome team!
I am you ...if you let me be!
Give me a try and break free
Am much more than a fading beam,
not just another 'Someday' Dream .....'

5 comments:

  1. thought provoking...get a sense of the urge to break free and experience the unknown! Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Supriya ...glad u liked it ....its almost like an extension of our discussion the other day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me of Thoreau's quote..."Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."

    I know you def aren't one of those "most(wo)men"

    Go for your dream Aditi!

    N once again...loved how you write...muah

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there a way i can like your comment gugu ...:-D

    ReplyDelete