Tuesday 6 September 2011

Traffic Blues

The concrete jungle ahead of the Gurgaon toll is the work of a dim brain- a cluster of offices in a square km of area with just one slim road to approach it from! And on that poor road, you find directionless pedestrians, crazy cabs, lecherous drivers and designer pot holes. And ya, cows too, to top it all. This bumper-to-bumper ride is what half of the Delhites wake up to every morning. Believe me, if it wasn't for 'Hit Mornings' on 95 FM, this ride would have killed my spirit by now. But then again, every time a peppy number has played on the radio or a joke has been cracked by the RJ, I start singing along | grooving to the music | breaking into a smile . This, I have seen, has not been taken to very kindly by the goofs around. The n*2 eyes peering over from the cars around, cannot digest the fact that someone ....and that too a woman ....can sit in this mess and still be trying to enjoy herself. Once or twice, I have responded with a lemony face and gone about my business. But the point is, I see no practical solution to any of this. Its a sad case of a lack of urban planning. The cows will stand in the middle of the road, pedestrians will look forward to be run over, drivers will shove their egos in their accelerators, your leg will become an extended part of the clutch and you will spend a considerable amount of your time beating traffic blues. The Delhi and Haryana govt. have no solution to this mess they have created.

'So Mayawati, please lend me your Jet or sell a statue of yours and buy me a car with wings to fly ' Thank you Very much!

2 comments:

  1. That road is a menace to society...just wait till it starts raining..its gonna be worse...its not possible even to walk on the road without getting your pants dirty...dodging street dogs and those 'kachras' thrown on the roads. Asking Mayawati for help is a good idea...though..not sure...if she listens to common public...or uses her common sense....any more..if ever :)

    Kunal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Dilli ka radio...can make the worst of traffic times fun!

    Imagine I have travelled 120 kms everyday to go from North delhi to Faridabad...n I have to say it was the radio that kept me alive n kickin! :D

    Enjoy Ditti...this chaos is the true charm of Dilli!

    ReplyDelete